Sunday, June 30, 2013

San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant

The last time that I was at Pendelton, my friend and I took a long walk on the beach in front of this plant. You can walk right in front and see the intake, and the guard towers. It looks quite ominous. While some people marvel at the engineering and design of this place, I marvel at the stupidity of the people who have lived through Chernobyl and Fukushima and still supported reopening this place. History has proven the myth of harnessing the atom as a safe and efficient means of energy production as a complete and utter fucking fraud. Southern California Edison, the owner and operator of this evil facility should never be trusted with the future of California's coast. Our coastline and the people and animals that live here are far more important than this place and overwhelmingly outweigh its true value. I am so glad this place closed. As a result, we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment