Monday, July 1, 2013

Daniel Marquez- Asskicking Tenant's Rights Attorney

Dan is without a doubt THE best tenant's rights attorney in Los Angeles. When the owner of my rent controlled apartment passed away, her evil daughter inherited the complex. I had been living there since the 1986, and the rent had never been increased. Immediately, they tried everything they could to get me out of the place. This included having the unmitigated audacity to file three frivolous bad faith eviction cases against me in a one year time span. Dan represented me in the last two cases, and won both of them at trial. He did not overcharge me, make false promises and representations, or even charge me extra for things like phone calls and copies like most attorneys I have used in the past. Furthermore, I found Dan not only to be a wonderful attorney but a really cool guy. He used to be the director of the eviction project at Los Angeles Legal Aid Foundation in the early 1980's, and because of his vast experience with eviction cases at the Central District and the Los Angeles City RSO he was able to beat the fucking snot out of the lawyers that the owner used to file those bogus evictions. Because of Dan's great work, I was able to keep my place, save face, and recover my costs. Winning these cases was of the utmost importance to me. I suggest that if your landlord begins acting un-ethically and starts pushing you around that you give Dan a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment