Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hollywood Thai, Bro

Hollywood Thai 5241 Hollywood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90027 (323) 467-0926 Hollywood Thai Restaurant Category: Thai Neighborhood: Hollywood This place is a little bit more formal than some of the other places in the area. The food is just outstanding. And when we came in, it was busy as fuck, but they did not drop the ball and everything was perfectly prepared and nicely spiced. We ordered stir fried fish fillet with herbs, garlic and chili extra spicy. The boneless pieces of fish were lightly battered and fried with a heap of chili, garlic, lime leaves, and other Thai herbs. The seasoning on the fish was delicious and it could not have been improved under any circumstances. The papaya salad is something that I order at every Thai place I ever walk into, unconditionally as a litmus test of the restaurant. I order it because it is one of the three best salads I have ever tasted in my life, and more importantly, because it is an exceedingly healthy salad prepared with no animal fat, fresh vegetables, tasty dressing, and a ton of dried red and fresh Thai chilies. The version of papaya salad prepared by the wonderful cooks in the kitchen here deserves a standing ovation. It is a perfect blend of chilies, fish sauce, sugar, lime, garlic, tomatoes, green bean, salty dried shrimp, peanut, and crispy green papaya. It was a nice big portion and I could have easily eaten another order it was so good. "Oh, I can't possibly eat spaghetti. I'm not even Italian." Even though I have been eating it since 1984, I love Pad Thai. I can't stand it when phoney high-brow, luxury loft-dwelling, ten course tasting menu eating fucks declare that they are too sophisticated to order Pad Thai. For all you people that are too good to eat Pad Thai out there, it does not make you a better and more interesting person. So fuck you. The Pad Thai here is easily as good as anything I tasted at Melisse at a fraction of the cost, not as good as the Pad Thai KK at Yai Hollywood which is the best version EVER, but gourmet and worthy of five Yelp stars. Eating this great dinner at Hollywood Thai was as good as food gets for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment