Saturday, October 26, 2013

Intense Anger Towards Diners, Drive In's, and Dives; Nostalgia for Unshaven Bush, and Fab's Hot Dogs

During the late 1970's and early 1980's, I remember the fitness revolution that seemed to be in full force and effect in the Greater Los Angeles Area. I remember the joggers, all those women with unshaved bushes wearing leg warmers in front of Jane Fonda's Workout Studio on Robertson, and even the Exercising Barbie that my sister played with. Okay, I played with it too. I admit it. People were taking quaaludes, going to juice bars, and appeared to be in much better overall shape than they are today. I wish we had that fitness craze going on today and I also wish they would bring back the unshaved bush. A couple of quaaludes wouldn't be too bad either. In this era, I could not have even imagined that a show like Diners Drive Ins and Diabetes would ever be on TV beckoning America to an early grave from diseases of affluence.
I had read about this place on Yelp, but rarely venture deep into the Valley. When I came in, I saw that Guy had been there. I do not like him, Sam I Am. Guy is the worst thing to happen to the entertainment industry since Robin Williams began his career in Hollywood, or perhaps even worse than a snuff film. That is very irresponsible of Guy and the Food Network to show America that it is okay to let your health go to shit.
But when in Rome. I ordered two hot dogs. The Fab Dog with bacon onions and red relish, and then the Cheese Coney, then I went back and got some more. Thirty dollars worth of hot dogs and tater tots later, I guess you gotta stuff an apple in my mouth too. I also got, the Carolina Slaw and then the Hot Polish with fresh Garlic and Jalepenos. My daughter got a veggie dog, and then proceeded to have a Spicy Polish and a Bratwurst. I was a very hungry caterpillar. We are all Guy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment