Friday, November 22, 2013

A Good Experience at Santa Monica Ford

My 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis was giving me some trouble, and my colleague who teaches auto mechanics told me it was the converter, and that it might even be under warranty. I took the car to the Ford dealership on Beverly and Vermont, and was told by the head liar in their service department that it was probably not the converter, and that I would be required to pay $100.00 for a diagnostic. I voted with my feet, and went to Santa Monica Ford.
I was greeted by the porter who was friendly at the outset. Then, a guy named Tom Hum assisted me. He immediately told me that it sounded like the converter, and commented that it was still under warranty. I picked it up a day later at no charge. I was delighted that Mr. Hum did not try and take advantage of me or give me the run around. I wrote them a letter to express my thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment