Friday, November 22, 2013

The Violence of Zankou Chicken

The owner of Zankou Chicken murdered his entire family. And that's a fact, Jack.
If you don't like this place, then I am going to resort to name calling! Zankou fed me as a hungry grad student at UCLA for a handful of change. I usually get the chicken kebab cooked to order (takes 15 minutes) well done, moutabaal instead of hummus, and an order of Tabouleh. It comes with two skewers, rice, and some sliced raw white onion. The garlic sauce is so good, I could smear it on my face. This feast is way more than enough for two fat bitches to share and costs 11 bucks. 11 bucks. Unbafuckingliveable!
The Tarna Plate is seasoned, vertically broiled chicken, which is shaved off with a sharp knife, crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. It comes with hummus or mutabaal, salad, and tahini sauce. It is the best $9.25 meal ever in Los Angeles and they will give you unlimited bread, yellow peppers and pickled turnips with your order. I never got the beef, but my dad swore by it. I was like, What the fuck dad, its not called Zankou Beef. He never even tasted the fucking chicken.
My daughter and I came here all throughout the 90's and it was her very favorite place to eat. It is a great place to take your children, is what I am trying to say. She always got the rotisserie 1/2 chicken plate and the owner would give her a Kit-Kat Bar when we waltzed out of the place. Good Times.
Some of my friends bitch and moan about Zankou but they are just haters. Armenian food is some of the best in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment