Friday, November 22, 2013

Union Family Dental and the Dingleberry Dentist

I cracked a tooth this afternoon and was in a great deal of pain within a couple of seconds. I called the office to let them know I was having an emergency and was on my way. I got there moments later and proceed to wait for two hours in excruciating pain. I felt like Dustin Hoffman in the film Marathon Man after Dr. Zell tortured him with dental instruments.
Instead of reading a magazine, I peered out into the parking lot of this place and watched the parade of prostitutes, pimps, cocaine dealers, heroin dealers, cops, johns, and regular people trying to do their laundry. I am telling you, this shopping center would give the Clinton White House a run for its money. No less than a dozen prostitutes working out of here. No less than 20 people milling about, up to no good, and dealing narcotics and crack cocaine. My ex-wife Ann should try and rent an apartment in this neighborhood. A guy in the filthy tenement across the street keeps a vigilant eye out for the cops on the fire escape on the third floor and whistles loudly and makes a clicking sound to warn the scofflaws and strumpets. Every once in a while, a patrol car from the LAPD Keystone Division which is responsible for this area, drives through the parking lot but long after these wily criminals have scurried to the relative safety of the laundromat and the donut shop.
First they took an x-ray. When the dentist finally examined me, I told him that I wanted an injection of novocaine and was willing to pay him any price for said injection. I seriously would have paid him 100 bucks in cash for that fucking shot.
He leaves me in the chair, and then the receptionist tells me to get up and tries to hand me a fucking referral to another dentist. It is already 5:30 mind you, and the place they referred me to was in the process of closing. Still no injection.
After flipping my wig in the office, the guy finally gives me a prescription for Tylenol #3. I promptly got that shit filled and took several of them at once.
I will never return to this place under any circumstances and will use my mom's dentist from now on starting tomorrow. Dr. Suharto was a complete failure as a dentist. He sent me away from his office in a frightening amount of pain without treating my cracked molar. He is a dingleberry among dentists.

No comments:

Post a Comment