Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Buying, Christmas Lying

Ending is better than mending, as the fascists say.  So I am going to buy nothing at all.  This Christmas, I am going to just say no to the commercial "holiday spirit".  I'd rather cook dinner with my family and friends.  Instead of giving out cards, I will wish my friends a great holiday in person.   I'm planning on some nice food, but not likely traditional food.  I am thinking about fried tacos, beans from the pot, Mexican rice, guacamole and salsa.  You know, a good old taco dinner.

I am not making any fucking ham.  I am not making any fucking turkey.  I am not buying into the commercial nature of the holidays.  I will get to the core of what it is all about and spend Tuesday and Wednesday with the people who are most important to me.  Peace on earth, indeed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment