Sunday, June 30, 2013

Shojin Japanese Vegetarian Restaurant. The best vegetarian place in the world!

I have had this place bookmarked since I first read about it on Yelp last April. We eat this type of food regularly because my brother Paul is a vegan. We came here for his birthday today and immediately I got this premonition that we are going to be spending a lot of evenings (and money) at this place in the foreseeable future. The vegan delights that we tried here had immense flavor, great presentation, and a nice variety. SInce there were four of us, we were able to sample a good deal of the menu. I liked almost everything that we had, and the service and atmosphere were most enjoyable as well. We came at around 2PM, so there were not very many customers and the servers were really attentive but I could imagine that when it is busy here, it must be difficult to get their attention. We ordered the following dishes: 1) Dynamite roll 2) Dragon Roll 3) Shojin Roll 4) Pirates Crunchy 5) Kale Carnival 6) Stuffed shittake 7) Rock Mountain Roll 8) Shiso tempura 9) Gyoza 10) Hot, Spicy Ramen 11) Miso Soup 12) Orange Chicken 13) Pumpkin Chowder 14) Ice Cream The sushi rolls are obviously top of the line. The gyoza, well, these things are pretty fucking good and although I am accustomed to pork and shrimp, I could easily down a dozen of these in a sitting. The vegan ramen was just awesome but everything was five stars. I thought very highly of this place. Great service to boot. Hail seitan!

No comments:

Post a Comment