Saturday, October 26, 2013

California Donuts Uber-Alles

I was so stoned last night I needed some cheap sugar more than anything else in the world. And not just any sugar, but the cheap, deep fried kind that the lovely ladies here at California Donuts use to coat the god-like stuff behind the glass that lure me off 3rd St. like Hansel and Gretel. Sometimes I want cheap refined sugar instead of the natural variety. Sometimes I prefer warm pieces of donut with heavily processed apple filling for under a dollar. Sometimes I get a few of the coconut glazed or maybe an old fashioned or two. I don't get donuts very often but when I do, this is usually the place. California Donuts will surely solve your sweet food jones for a small handful of change and will help you realize the full potential of your inner Lard Ass. Fuck driving to Glendora to get some dumb ass strawberry donut when there is a place like this with real character just around the corner. Everything I have tried has been good, sweet and cheap. I just wish they had a little better coffee. It seems like everyone patronizing this place always seems so happy. The family that does insulin together stays together.

No comments:

Post a Comment