Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sapp is for saps

I wanted to try this place a few more times so that I could post a more objective and informed review. While I enjoyed the Jade Noodles, and the ground chicken with basil and garlic with a fried egg on top, I have some bones to pick with this place. Firstly, the portions are miniscule. The som tom that I ordered yesterday was a nice sized amount for a ground squirrel. Seriously, it amounted to no more than a cup and a half of salad for nearly seven bucks. To add insult to injury, the spice level here was strictly amateur hour and it had way too much tamarind in the dressing. I like my papaya salad hotter than hell. H2SO4. H E double L Hockey Sticks. Hotter than Hades. Something so spicy that it would make a Korean cry. This was just plain lame. The Jade noodles were about the best thing I have tried here, but watch out for the pile of sugar contained therein. Shovel a little bit out before you mix them up. Other than the sugar, the duck, crab, pork and Chinese Broccoli are great toppings. Unfortunately once again, the spice level was fit for Romper Room. You should be ashamed to represent that as Thai hot, bow your head in shame, Chef Sapp. The ground chicken here was good but nowhere near memorable. Not a contender. When I got the check, I noticed that I was charged for two orders of Jade Noodles when I only ordered one.

No comments:

Post a Comment