Saturday, October 26, 2013

I Hate that Fucking Food Network

The Food Network makes me sick. I see how that corporation is directly responsible for causing diabetes and chronic heart disease in tens of thousands of people. Maybe even hundreds of thousands. It is almost as bad as if the tobacco industry had a TV Station to glorify Marlboro Reds. Instead of inspiring people to eat healthy Italian food, this guy is smearing lard on toast. I wish I could kidnap that bastard and march him along the Pacific Crest Trail starting at 5am every morning and limit his diet to pine nuts and water. I would also require him to groom his facial hair and shave that goddamn pony tail off. With that said, I am glad he met Nancy Silverton because together they make a very good pizza. And those meatballs and chicken liver are pretty good too. Not everything is perfect, but almost everything is. If you arrive at 3:30 on a weekday and sit at the bar you will likely not wait too long and the service will be pretty friendly. I have come here many times and am highly critical about contemporary Italian food and can find nothing to complain about except the employee with the handlebar douchestache. I have also eaten next door, and think the pizza side is a better value.

No comments:

Post a Comment