Saturday, October 26, 2013

Norm!

When I want a real Club Sandwich, I come here and order one with extra bacon and some avocado. Thousand Island Dressing on the side. I ordered a Club at Cora's Cafe in the beginning of the summer, and I was a little disappointed. Not because their $16.00 club sandwich was bad or anything, but it had the addition of goat cheese and was served on an Italian Roll and had no resemblance to any club I ever saw. As you know, an authentic club sandwich has three slices of toasted white bread spread with a little mayo, turkey, bacon, tomato, and lettuce. The sandwich is secured with four toothpicks, and cut into 4 triangles. I also ate a club-like sandwich in May at Mendocino Farms which I also enjoyed, but it too was lacking a third slice of bread, was not cut into triangles, and was not authentic either. Norms has the authentic Club Sandwich down pretty well. Real sliced turkey breast roasted in the kitchen, not that shitty turkey roll made from a slurry of chopped up turkey beaks, gizzards, and assholes. The avocado is perfect. They don't monkey around. Finally, the service in this proletarian coffee shop is exceptional! The servers, hostesses and cashiers at this particular location all make you feel comfortable in surroundings that have not changed for decades. My review is exclusively for the Club Sandwich. A lot of reviews about this place mention that weirdos hang out here. It takes one to know one.

No comments:

Post a Comment