Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Good Tailor Shop


827 S Main St
Los Angeles, CA 90014
(213) 622-9942

Mike's Tailor Shop  

Category: Sewing & Alterations
Neighborhood: Downtown LA
A suit always feels like a straightjacket to me.  A tie, like a hangman's noose.  I'm not into dress shoes, and not qualified to discuss fashion.  My oldest brother is a clothes horse and in my late 40's, I still inherit his hand me downs.  He recently gave me a black Armani suit and and a dark blue one from Nordstrom's.  He mentioned something about a high price tag, something about the fabric and some other incomprehensible babble .  He also gave me a white suit which I immediately threw in the trash.

Mike has been tailoring my straightjackets ever since 1982.  I took in those two suits my brother gave me, and he had both of them pinned up in just a few minutes.  He had to take quite a bit of fabric off, and make the suits significantly smaller as well as tapering and hemming the pants.  When I came to pick them up and tried them on, I was really impressed with the way they fit.  They are like perfect custom tailored suits that I could wear to any event.  My wife liked my custom tailored straightjacket so much when I tried it on for her that she promptly unbuttoned and unzipped it.

I paid 135 for the alterations on both suits.  It was a little steep, but they did such a good job, it was money well spent  Mending is better than ending.  Get your older brother to hand you down a suit and take it here.  You are going to like the way your straightjacket fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment