Thursday, March 27, 2014

Claro's Italian Deli


159 E College St
Covina, CA 91723
(626) 339-3333

Claro's Italian Market  

Categories: ItalianDelisCaterers 
3.0 star rating
 3/15/2014
Nice sandwich with a great sharp provolone and other quality ingredients. The bread, however, tasted worse than Soylent Green.  Excellent counter service with professional, polite people who made me feel quite welcome.  I had always thought that Covina was a village full of idiots limited to the automobile dealerships, dilapidated shopping malls, Friday's, and the Olive Garden parallel to the 10FWY.  I had no idea that there was a quaint little shopping district with killer antique stores and some nice Craftsman style homes located just a few blocks north.  I had been reading about Claro's on Yelp for a little while.   I was not disappointed, but I was not impressed either.  I feel that the sandwich offered at the Roma Deli is far superior.  While I did not have too much time to examine the contents of the grocery department, what I saw sure looked good.

No comments:

Post a Comment