Thursday, March 27, 2014

One of the Best Chicken Kebabs I Have Ever Tried


1135 W Glenoaks Blvd
Glendale, CA 91202
(818) 500-4005

Cafe Bravo  

Categories: Middle EasternMediterranean
Neighborhood: Glendale
They say hunger makes the best sauce.  Plato is the person originally credited with the quote, and sometimes it is attributed to Miguel de Cervantes.  Whoever said it was a pretty smart fucker.  See, I had been at Brand Park a little earlier with my wife completing a very difficult and lengthy run with lots of elevation gain and loss.  I was so famished by the time we finished that I probably would have eaten Filipino food.  Luckily, I drove by here and saw about ten people leaving with takeout while I waited at the traffic light.  So thankfully I parked and we came in because this place has one of the best chicken kebabs I have ever tasted.  It is boneless and skinless dark and white meat marinated in what I suspect may be dilaudid, expertly grilled by someone who has a lot of broiler experience.  Brillat-Savarin was correct. Grilling chicken perfectly is an artistic feat no less delicate than a charcoal drawing by Goya.  Or a Harvard-trained cosmetic surgeon performing a magnificent breast enhancement and racheting up sagging vagina so it no longer hangs like sleeve of wizard.  These guys have PhD in grilling chicken.  I chose eggplant and tomato salad, tabouleh and rice.  The eggplant was good and the tabouleh was fresh.  I ordered it with an extra kebab and it was a hell of a lot of quality, healthy food for the ridiculously low price of ten bucks.   My wife got a gyro sandwich which actually was two sandwiches with Chris Christie approved quantities of two different salads.  Fuck yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment